Thursday, April 24, 2008

The test of LIFE

"Whenever you become empowered, you will be tested" Carolyne Myss

I received this quote this morning from a woman who offers up "Gina's QUOTE of the Day"

The Runners in Boston on Monday, did just that, they were tested. Last night, I attended a slide show, put on by photographer Phil Marsh, also the Area Manager of the Running Rooms in Ottawa. Several local marathoners were featured. It was inspiring, simply being in that room, sometimes my back to the screen.

I have always been scared by the marathon, which is why I sometimes run one. Scared to death. I know, however, that I can run one, and if I can, anyone can. I have empowered myself to do this, and so, "Just DO IT" rings in my head.

It's not all about the running, it's about all aspects of one's life, when we are empowered, we are certainly tested. Make sure you are properly trained, and surround yourself with your support systems, and just do it. Know also, when to step back. Less is more. Later, the finish will simply show up. Never soon enough, never soon enough.

No comments: