Monday, May 19, 2008

Hydrate,eat, sleep, rest like a marathonner

I find it difficult to stay still. I enjoy resting, reading the paper, reading a book, watching television. I don`t do much of this, I prefer to work in the garden, catch up on house work, work at my computer whenever I can, promote my book, my charities, whenever I can, make a living, whenever I can, tend to our children's activities.

Life makes it difficult for most of us to stay still, to rest, to sleep.

Sometimes, eating properly gets in the way of being the best marathoner I can be.,forgeting to eat all I should eat, take my vitamins, drink my Xango juice.
On Saturday, in the interest of "resting" I rented a movie, bought food I normally never eat, and settled with the kids in front of the television. The junk I ate, literally made me ill. I am sensitive to the wrong food. What a wake-up call.I can't eat just anything, I am a marathoner. Lessons learned. I like making all the mistakes I can, and learn from others. Move forward, closer to the destination, eat properly, sleep, rest, drink H2O, like a good marathoner.

No comments: